I think it is about time I started planning about what we need to take back with us to India. We are not that close to leaving (we haven't sold our house yet). But I just don't want to be rushing towards the end, it is not easy to go shopping with two little toddlers in tow.
Does anybody have any ideas as to what I absolutely *need* for the kids, for us? I have made a list of things to buy, a very short list and anything any of you guys can add will be just wonderful, Thanks in advance.
My list, in no specific order:
1. Toys for A&A, Any suggestions in this department, I am fine with taking toys that would become useful later. Any educational toys that you have had lots of success with?
2. Is it advisable to buy loads of clothes for them here?
3. Kitchen timer (I am addicted to one, esp for the baking)
4. Laptop and a simpler compact Camera

5 comments:
I don't think you should get tons of clothes... definately get some DVDs if your kids like that. And toys and puzzles.
These days you get everything in India.. like Dotmom says maybe some DVDs.. some of the local cartoons maybe hard to find.. toys you get loads in India too... camera, laptop etc electronics essentially is a good thing to take along! I would also take motorized sit on cars and bikes if you have that for your kids, these are available in India but so much better here :) Good luck with the move.
Thanks Preethi and DotMom. Do you have any DVDs in mind?. A&A are still not allowed to watch TV (They do some when we are watching) but nothing specifically for them, so am not in tune with the in-movies for kids. Any pointers on that?
I like Sesame Street for Nantu... 2-2.5 yrs is the best time to introduce them to this... I looked in Chennai but didn't find the series there... so that might be a good investment.
@Preethi - OK will hunt for it.
Post a Comment