Friday, January 25, 2008

Funny story

I just read MadMomma's account of her clumsiness and I remembered a funny story regarding my clumsiness.

I sometimes end up having bruises on my limbs and do have to replay the day in slow motion to remember where I got hit and against which inanimate object.

Back in 2001, I had a nice big black and blue bruise on my arm, which had come from me runnning into a stationary wall. Added to that, one of my recipes had gone wrong and (I think it was sabudana vada) it had exploded in hot oil which had splashed over my face and neck, nothing too serious, but there were quite some burn marks, which were very easily visible.

It was also the year, where my tendonitis and myositis were at the peak, so I was sitting in a physical therapist's office, waiting for my turn. Another Hispanic gentelman walked into the office for his therapy session.

After a little while he started chatting with me and then he asked me, what had happened to my face, I answered. Then he noticed the big bruise on my arm and asked me about it. I brushed it off saying just some usual thing for me. He sat there thinking for a while, as I was reading my magazine. Suddenly he asks me if I am married and I said yes, then he said, "are you sure your husband didn't do this to you?!". I know in America these are very loaded questions. But still I couldn't control my laughter and had to assure him, it is my personal doing and my poor husband has no role, whatsoever, to play in this.

Thank god I was called in at that very moment and didn't have to meet this guy on my way out. I have had lots of fun narrating this story to one and all and making V go red, with embarrassment.

2 comments:

Savani said...

I once fell on the ice and hit my face so hard, I could not hear for a day. When I went to the ER and explained ehat had happened.. the doctor asked me if it wasn't my husband!!

mnamma said...

In the early days after coming to the US I developed a severe eczema like skin reaction to the cold weather here and had to go to the doctor. I guess it was some kind of an auspicious day and I had kumkum on the parting of my head and the doctor thouoght it was dried blood and asked if hubby had anything to do with it. Poor hubby was so embarassed :)

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers