Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to the Pavilion

It has been a while since I posted on this blog. My Internet footprint has reduced considerably after landing in Hyderabad as there is lots of catching up to do. I am getting around to checking my email once in 2-3 days. I will capture our move from San Francisco to Hyderabad in this post and do a different post about our life here. Not to mention that the traffic here definetely deserves a post on its own.


Rewinding to US. We packed our stuff and loaded it in the container on the 2nd of May 2008. Luckily for us the container had arrived on Friday by our doorstep and since the truckers do not work over the weekend, it remained parked at our house for the weekend. This meant that we did some additional shopping and packed about 6 more boxes (had completely forgotten one of the downstairs closet) over the weekend and loaded them in.


My in-laws, A&A and myself boarded the Singapore Airlines to reach Hyderabad. When we landed at the HongKong airport all of us had fallen asleep and so stayed back in the plane. The ground staff came in to check our passports, and I realized that the airhostess had moved my back pack to the overhead bin. I pulled it down and hunted for the leather pouch which contained mine and A&A's passports. I couldn't find it in the back pack or the 3 other cabin baggages that we were carrying. After a couple of searches I notified the air hostess of the missing pouch and they started the communication with the ground staff in SFO. Just then my FIL checked the overhead baggage holder and found the leather pouch in there. I couldn't thank my stars and the gods above enough. I shudder to think the tedious task that would have followed to let us enter Hyderabad without proper documentation. Anyways, The rest of the journey was peaceful.

V on the other hand didn't have as much good luck as we had as the Lufthansa airlines that he took to reach here misplaced his baggage. And since he very nicely told them that he doesn' have a return ticket wasn't given any compensation either :). Although the damaged bags were returned to us the next day, it was a harrowing experience nonetheless. I was the most apprehensive as he was bringing my laptop with him. All's well that ends well or should I say begins well as we begin a new chapter in our lives that of settling and living in India

3 comments:

~nm said...

Good to know its all going good at your end.

Hoping to hear more stuff from you! Take are and keep writing!

Preethi said...

Good to hear from you.. International travel has become a big pain in the recent years.. almost always something seems to go wrong.. at least for me. Waiting for India Impressions and how AA take to living in India.

Indian in NZ said...

Where are you 2As mom ?? Long time..waiting to hear your story about settling in my city :-)

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers