Sunday, December 28, 2008

A letter

Dearest T,

You have asked me to make an entry in your little autograph book and I decided to compose it here and hand write it in your book at a later time. So here it goes.


You and I go back a long way. You taught me to love and laugh unabashedly, I always have fun when you are around me. I remember how excited you were to listen to the song that I had played for you on the radio (much to your mom's chagrin). I remember how you had planted a sweet kiss on my cheek in the early hours of a fine morning even though your mom was sleeping right next to you on the other side. This little thought warms me up even after a decade.

I see a whole lot of me in you and I wonder if it is a good thing or a bad. I am not sure I did the right thing by asking your mom to cross over my legs when she was carrying you (old wives tale says that when you cross over a person while pregnant they get a lot of the other person's traits - Silly I know but it was fun at that time). I know it is not because of some silly sayings but is because I baby sat you many times. I later realized that your mom and my mom were very greatful that I was such a big help with you.

Cut to the present - I would never have imagined the times I baby sat you, you would pay back with more than double the interest by helping me with the twins. Let me tell you they think the world of you. My eyes well up with tears when I see you helping them, assisting them and in general keeping them out of my hair as and when you can spare some time from your studies. You are a very kind and emotional person and it shows.

I wish you the very best in life and hope you get all the good things that you wish for. Soar my child, the world is your oyster.

No comments:

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers