Monday, December 20, 2010

Hyderabad Book Fair

Guess what?! I was so envious reading all the Bengalooru moms talk about the book fair and I came across a book fair in "mana" Hyderabad as well.

The Book Fair was good, it was bigger than what I had expected. The only downside was I hadn't set too much time for it. So I couldn't really get into the stalls and hunt around to search the titles that I really cared for. I could do only a few in the two hours that I had set aside for the event. Some of the books were deeply discounted too.

It is on till the 26th of this month and the entry fee is small (Rs 5/ person). Click on the link to check out the details.

My loot - A couple puzzles for the girls, a Ramayana comic book, that I can read to them. For my self I got "Many Lives, Many Masters" and "Palace of illusions", both brand new. When I mentioned the Many Lives, title to a stall person, another kind guy took me to a different stall and pulled it out and said, here, I had come across this yesterday and I offered him my thanks and pocketed it.

2 comments:

Sangitha said...

Loved Many Lives, Many Masters. What did you think of the book?

AA_Mom said...

Hi Sangi,
Welcome to my space. I liked Many Lives, Many Masters. Although I could only imagine how radically difft it would have been for somebody who has not been introduced to the Hindu tenets. As a practicing Hindu, I felt that all the things he spoke of (Reincarnation, the soul living on) were not new, but it was good to read about it all again

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers