Monday, August 27, 2012

Have you seen this?

(Pic courtesy : Tulika Publishers)
 
 
I was happy to see this book from Art and checked it out online and in the stores as well. Looked at it and then thought that it is too easy for my girls as they are mid-level readers and they would be done with this in 5 min and so did not pick it up. My next visit to the store, it did look quirky enough that I should pick it up. I dawdled a bit, then it struck me that it is a bilingual and so I can pick it up to make them read Hindi.  I got it home and gave it to them just like that, without mentioning anything about the Hindi text.
 
Guess what?! I was so wrong as not every book is about the level of reading and I do not need a justification to buy a lower level book. This was such a huge hit as they actually got the weirdness of it. I could hear giggles for a long time after the book was read that too multiple times. They could read the Hindi by themselves too.
 
According to Angel, if the stars were to sing, the song of choice would be Twinkle Twinkle little star and as we were waiting for the school bus the next day, as per Apple the bus should fly if it were to be part of the book.
 
Thanks for the giggles Art, the book is just plain hilarious. 

2 comments:

artnavy said...

What a lovely take on the book!! Thanks to the girls for proving my point.

AA_Mom said...

You bet and we will get our copy signed by you whenever our paths happen to cross.

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers