Friday, June 4, 2010

Saptaparini

After having settled in Hyderabad, V and I were both looking for Barnes and Nobles kind of book stores here. We found crosswords and a few others and did visit them a few times. But when the blogging world (ST, Tharini, StarryEyed, ItchingtoWrite and other blogs that I regularly visit) became all gung ho about Tulika books, I started looking out for Tulika books as well.

Unfortunately, The few places we had visited, Either did not stock them or worse had not even heard about them. I sighed and went about my life.

The one story that Tulika published, Ekki Dokki, my mom knows and had introduced it to A&A anyways, so life was good. What can I say I am not too greedy ;) or am lazy.

Google had thrown up one other book store in my various searches, namely Saptaparini, I thought of going there but never got around to. Remember lazy.

Today during lunch a couple of my colleagues said they are visiting the store (2 mins walk from my new work place, yes am back to the grind!), I said I will tag along and in I walk and what do I see 2 shelves loaded with Tulika books. Imagine my surprise. Picked up Ekki Dokki (but ofcourse!), a few Amar chitra katha which I still vividly remember reading as a small child, a couple other picture books.

Browsing around saw all the kreeda games there as well, maha impressed with the book store and do plan to go there again. Thanks blogging buddies, I knew which books to pick up right away as I had already read your reviews.

No comments:

My little angels are

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers