Eega (Housefly in Telugu) was watched this weekend. I had kind of stayed away from reading the story or getting any information related to the movie. Kind folks at work had said it is a good movie for the kids and I thought may be 8+ year olds. So after threatening my husband (did not work) followed by my sister with dire consequences if she doesn't accompany me, we went to see the movie with my parents, sis, her kids and mine. The time at the theater was well spent and to my surprise I got to hear the story (2 times over) in excruciating detail(ofcourse only the antics of the fly) as it was being told to their Dad in the morning rush, which means the story is simple for 6 yr olds to understand as well. I don't think language would be an issue.
The part that I liked, the animated fly looks real and so it doesn't feel like a sci fi, instead it feels more like viewing the world thru the eyes of the fly. Also thankfully the fly doesn't talk, it would have been far from real if it did. (It can write though both in English and Telugu). No magic tricks to kill the villian, hard work and some quick thinking pays in at the end.
A good movie to watch with the kids. The kids did get the idea that the size doesn't matter once you have set your heart on the goal. They also get to see the hero Nani die at the hands of the goon and being reborn as a fly. So if the kids are still not familiar with the concept of death, parents may have to rethink showing this movie to them.
This marks my 100th Post.
The part that I liked, the animated fly looks real and so it doesn't feel like a sci fi, instead it feels more like viewing the world thru the eyes of the fly. Also thankfully the fly doesn't talk, it would have been far from real if it did. (It can write though both in English and Telugu). No magic tricks to kill the villian, hard work and some quick thinking pays in at the end.
A good movie to watch with the kids. The kids did get the idea that the size doesn't matter once you have set your heart on the goal. They also get to see the hero Nani die at the hands of the goon and being reborn as a fly. So if the kids are still not familiar with the concept of death, parents may have to rethink showing this movie to them.
This marks my 100th Post.

3 comments:
I want to see this film.....
Anush, Aditi will enjoy the movie too and so will you.
Chanced upon your blog from a comment thread elsewhere, and seeing this post, thought I would drop a link to a post on Eega that I wrote.
Eega: Metaphor of our Times
Post a Comment